In this post we have listed some specific scholarships for pancreatic cancer patients.Pancreatic cancer constitutes about 3% of all cancer and about almost 7% of death by cancers occur due to this cancer. It is one of the top five cancers that are most deadly in all types.
This is because pancreatic cancer is a difficult cancer to diagnose due to less accuracy in the outcomes of its treatment and screening tests. This type of cancer is detected late as there are no symptoms in the early stage.
Due to radiation therapy, chemotherapy and heavy medications, lives of those suffering personally from this cancer or supporting a loved one having pancreatic cancer becomes hard and emotionally challenging.
The long treatment, uncertain results and heavy financial investments make it even harder for both patient as well as his family to make their dreams of higher education possible.
This is why, many organisations both non-profit as well as profit provides scholarships and aids to support them and their future.
The Boxercraft Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer Scholarship
Boxercraft have felt the pain of pancreatic cancer patients and families on a personal level. That’s why it came with this scholarship for spreading awareness and ease the financial burden they face for higher education in such difficult times. The scholarship was established to honour former vice president of sales of the company, Tod Rostello who died in 2016 after a courageous fight from the disease.
- Student must be either currently fighting or have survived pancreatic cancer themselves or have a family member who has survived or is currently fighting pancreatic cancer
- Student must have GPA of at least 3.0
- Student must be a high school senior and that has been accepted into an accredited college or university or is a current college student
- Completed Online application
Deadline: Mid July
Official website: https://www.boxercraft.com/pancreatic-cancer-scholarship/
Kilgore Family Pancreatic Cancer Scholarship Fund
Kilgore Family Pancreatic scholarship is established by Greater Kansas City Community Foundation for those who are personally affected by Pancreatic cancer by providing post-secondary scholarships to graduating seniors from high schools in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Student must be a graduating senior from a high school of area that includes Jackson, Clay and Platte Counties in Missouri and Johnson, Wyandotte and Douglas Counties in Kansas
- Student must have a commutative GPA of 3.0 on scale of 4.0 in high school
- Student must be enrolled or planning to enrol in a two-year or four-year college/university/Technical school
- Student must have had pancreatic cancer themselves or have a family member who has or had pancreatic cancer
- Completed Application
Official website: https://gkccf.academicworks.com/opportunities/3223
Cancer Survivor Fund Scholarship
It is a non-profit fund that provides financial assistance as well as prosthetics to survivors of any type of cancer. The fund provides four levels of scholarships to cover expenses associated with a college education which is decided by a committee as per the suitability for each applicant according to his/her financial status and need.
- Applicant must be survivor or currently diagnosed with any type of cancer and doesn’t have to be receiving treatment.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for an established college for a UG program.
- Applicant must be ready to volunteer in future by using their experience and expertise in Cancer fight to motivate other Cancer patients.
- An Essay on applicant’s experience on the topic “How has my experience with Cancer impacted my life values and career goals?”
- A verification letter from attending physician on your medical history and current medical condition
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two different teachers
Amount: Not specified
Official Website: http://www.cancersurvivorsfund.org/
Perlita Liwanag Memorial Scholarship
Perlita Liwanag Memorial scholarship was formed in memory of a pancreatic cancer fighter, Perlita Liwanag, who lost her life to pancreatic cancer. The scholarship is available in Washington, Maryland, Northern Virginia, and DC (Metro Area) for deserving young adults who want to seek higher education within US. The scholarship is awarded for over two academic semesters and is given directly to recipient’s school or college/university.
- Student must be residing in Washington, DC that includes Metro area e.; Maryland, North Virginia and DC
- Must be seeking higher education within US
- Age of student must lie between 15-39 years
- Each recipient has to agree to organize and run a bone marrow registry drive with the support of Delete Blood Cancer and There Goes My Hero.
- Completed Application
- Financial need proof
Amount: A total of $2500 over two academic semesters.
Official Website: https://ulmanfund.academicworks.com/opportunities/104
Ortileb Foundation Scholarship
Evan Ortileb and his family created this scholarship to repay the help and support that he received in his years with Cancer. The Foundation grants scholarship 2-times in a year for both Spring and Fall semesters to help cancer survivors.
- Student must be enrolled in a full-time four-year college/university degree program
- Student must be a cancer survivor
- Student should reside in US
- Completed application
- Transcripts from high school or college
- Proof of Enrolment
- Two letters of Recommendation
- 250 words Essay on Academic and Career goals
- Tax documents from parents/self
- Letter of cancer diagnosis
Deadline: Mid-June and Mid-December
Official website: http://ortliebfoundation.org/application/
Stephen’s Soldiers Cancer Survivor Scholarship
The Scholarship is given to help young adults who are affected by any type of cancer by Stephen’s soldiers. Recipients of this scholarship are decided by his/her personal life story and life goals and there are three awards given under this scholarship every year in two parts.
- Student must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and a resident of Michigan
- Student should currently be a high school senior and has been accepted for enrolment in an accredited undergraduate school
- student must be a cancer survivor/currently diagnosed with cancer who doesn’t have to be receiving treatment currently to qualify
- Student must have done minimum of 15 volunteer hours with a cancer- related organization
- Student must agree to have his and family photo and info to be published in organisation’s media sources
- Letter from physician verifying medical history or current medical situation
- Copy of Acceptance letter from the accredited university/college you are accepted in
- Two letters of Recommendation from different teachers
- Official Transcript of GPA
- Applicant’s video on answering the question “How Has My Experience with Cancer Impacted My Life Values and Career Goals?”
- Proof of at least 15 hours of volunteer service in a cancer organisation
Official website: http://www.stephenssoldiers.com/scholarships/
Sofia Blanco Scholarship for Childhood Cancer Survivors
The Scholarship is given to childhood cancer survivors for their college education. Students with any kind of childhood cancer can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is given to aspire cancer survivors for college education that Sofia couldn’t get.
- Applicant must be admitted to or currently attending a college/university/technical/trade school (2- or 4-year)
- Applicant should be either cancer patient/survivor or sibling of cancer patient/survivor
- Completed Application
- Other documents specified by the program
Amount: $2000 allowance for Tuition fee and board/room
Official website: https://www.sofiashope.org/scholarships
The National Collegiate Cancer Foundation Scholarship
The NCCF (National Collegiate Cancer Foundation) provides this need-based financial support to young adult survivors of Cancer to pursue their higher education and turn their dreams into real. The organization has two types of scholarship programs; one is General scholarship program that is for young Cancer survivors and patients whereas the other is Legacy scholarship program for those who lost a parent or guardian to Cancer and both are renewable scholarships.
- Student must be a US citizen
- Student must be a Cancer survivor or patient for General Scholarship or lost a parent/guardian for Legacy Scholarship
- Age must lie between 18-35 years
- He/she must be attending a higher education degree (Bachelors or Master’s degree)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Required Medical proofs and certificates
Official Website: http://collegiatecancer.org/scholarships/
Patient Advocate Foundation Scholarship
The Foundation provides scholarships to survivors or patients of cancer or any other chronic disease to help them complete a course or program that is delayed due to their diagnosis and its high cost. The scholarship is not for
particularly pancreatic cancer patients but is given according to need and conditions of the applicant.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the USA.
- Applicant should be under the age of 35 years.
- Applicant is required to have completed a bachelor’s degree and will be enrolled in a Master’s degree program or higher in fall of 2020.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant is required to complete 20 hours of community service during the school year.
- Essay on how their diagnosis has impacted their lives and future goals. (1500-word maximum)
- A copy of an acceptance letter from the college or university the applicant is planning to attend
- Diagnosis verification form
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Complete Financial form stating your financial condition
- Copy of first two pages of Tax return
Official Website: https://www.patientadvocate.org/
Ulman Cancer Fund for young adults
Ulman Fund for cancer provides a number of scholarships to help cancer patients and their families to cope up with financial stress and medical difficulties they face in achieving higher education. It inspires cancer survivors to become volunteers and spread courage and hope to others under treatment. The scholarships are not limited for one type of cancer and allthose who fulfil eligibility criteria can apply irrespective of the type of cancer they have/had.
- Applicant’s age must be at least 15 years
- Either applicant or his/her immediate family member must be affected by Cancer
- Those who win the scholarship must agree to perform 40 hours of community service in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Essay on the provided topic by the scholarship committee
- Death Certificate if you have lost any of your loved one from Cancer/Letter of Diagnosis of person have/had Cancer
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Completed Application with other requirements
Official website: https://ulmanfoundation.org/scholarships/
Some most popular Ulman Cancer Fund scholarships are:
- James and Patricia Sood Scholarship
- Lisa Higgins-Hussman Foundation Scholarship
- Jill Weaver Starkman Memorial Scholarship
- Sean Silver Memorial Scholarship
- John Duvall Memorial Scholarship
- Doug Parker Memorial Scholarship
- Jacqueline Shearer Memorial Scholarship
- John Hanley Memorial Scholarship
- Marilyn Yetso Memorial Scholarship
- Bernice McNamara Memorial Scholarship
- Satola Family Scholarship
Please Note:- Students who have/had Pancreatic cancer or have loved one with pancreatic cancer can apply for scholarships for cancer survivors and scholarships for children of Cancer patient. All those scholarships are open for almost all types of cancers.